04 října, 2011

Triggering compassion

Krásný názor, souhlasím...

Triggering Compassion


 “I think the most important piece of advice I can give is to ‘remember your story.’ It’s only when we forget that we, too, were once unaware or …’trapped in speciesist thinking’ that we become arrogant and judgmental. If we stay humble and remember that we had our own journey, I think it is key to having open and effective dialogues with people. I genuinely believe that people are good and want to do the right thing, and it’s that perception I approach every person I meet with. I don’t believe people wake up each morning trying to figure out how they can be as cruel as possible. But I do believe people wake up every morning FORGETTING to focus on how they can be as compassionate as possible. If that’s what we speak to – their compassion – then I believe that’s what will be triggered: compassion.” - Colleen Patrick-Goudreau


Colleen Patrick-Goudreau je skvělá americká autorka a lektorka. Začínala s kurzy veganského vaření, napsala několik úspěšných veganských kuchařek, přednáší a podcastuje na svém webu www.compassionatecooks.com

Přepis rozhovoru pro ARZone, z něhož je i tento úryvek: http://arzone.ning.com/profiles/blogs/transcript-of-colleen

Přejala jsem z http://www.nonhumanslavery.com/triggering-compassion

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat